Posts Tagged ‘pledge’
I want to share my Earth Day 2009 pledge with all of you. It’s important to put it out there and hold one’s self accountable.
On this Earth Day, let’s think about how we can make a difference in our environment. I am talking about our own “personal” environments. Many people immediately visualize the great outdoors and wilderness when the word “environment” is used. Here are a few of the relevant definitions from Wikipedia’s dictionary: (#1 is what I am referring to here)
- The surroundings of & influences on a particular item of interest (or particular person?)
- The natural world or ecosystem
- A particular political or social setting, arena or condition
I feel that each person or family can make a huge difference just by taking small steps. There is a wealth of information out there to help us make our “personal environment” a much better place to be in. Imagine if all of us start improving our individual spaces, it can & will domino into improving the health and well-being of the #2 definition above: The natural world & ecosystem!
My Earth Day 2009 Pledge
I found a great site from the EPA, Environmental Protection Agency that has a list of items that you can pledge to do in your own life that can have a big impact. My pledge is listed below:
To help protect the environment, I pledge to:
- Use less water! Take showers instead of baths, fix leaks, and turn off the tap when brushing your teeth. And buy efficient fixtures by looking for the WaterSense label.
- Use chemicals safely! Read pesticide labels carefully. Lock up pesticides, paints, and cleaners where kids can’t reach them.
- Spread the word! Teach others where you work or go to school. Share online by commenting on our blog, or sharing your photos and videos. Encourage people to Pick 5 for the Environment!
Pledged Wednesday, April 22nd, 2009.
Make your own pledge by visiting http://www.epa.gov/pick5/
I encourage everyone to do what they can on this Earth Day to make our “environments” better places to grow & thrive in!