Archive for the ‘Travel’ Category
Once again it’s time to join thousands of other Americans as we celebrate our nation’s heritage for National Park Week. Make a plan to visit one of our country’s most valuable assets – our national parks between April 15-23, 2017.
Every year, the National Park Service partners with the non-profit National Park Foundation to highlight our national parks. This is designed to encourage people to take advantage of special programs and events. With over 400 parks to visit, there is a park close by for everyone to enjoy. Hiking and walking along the thousands of miles of maintained trails are a favorite activity for all ages and abilities.
National Park Week Schedule
- April 15-16 – Free Admission Weekend for the 117 parks that normally charge a fee – the other parks are fee-free all year.
- April 15 – Junior Ranger Day – Kids big and small can have a blast learning about the park and its residents while earning a Junior Ranger badge.
- April 22-23 – Free Admission Weekend for the 117 parks that normally charge a fee – the other parks are fee-free all year.
- April 22 – Earth Day just happens to coincide with this weeklong celebration. Be a part of it and join in conservation programs and celebrate our natural world.
- April 23 – Park Rx Day is celebrating its 2nd anniversary as the idea of parks being a gateway to good health is explored and encouraged.
Our National Park System offers a lot of programs and fun activities for the entire family. The annual National Park Week is just one of the many great offerings to be had. Be sure to check out their calendar or that of your favorite park to find more events coming up. Whether it is watching wildlife or just relaxing in the fresh air, you won’t be disappointed.
National Park Week isn’t the only time the parks offer free admission days. Many events such as National Public Lands Day are included.
This Saturday, September 26th is National Public Lands Day and is the day to visit your local National Park – for FREE! Go HERE to see which parks are participating with free National Park admission and then go out on Saturday and celebrate our great Nation and Nature.
*The next date (and final one for 2015) is November 11th, Veterans Day.
**article on free National Park admission was first posted at Centsable Couponing