Archive for the ‘Family’ Category
Once again it’s time to join thousands of other Americans as we celebrate our nation’s heritage for National Park Week. Make a plan to visit one of our country’s most valuable assets – our national parks between April 15-23, 2017.
Every year, the National Park Service partners with the non-profit National Park Foundation to highlight our national parks. This is designed to encourage people to take advantage of special programs and events. With over 400 parks to visit, there is a park close by for everyone to enjoy. Hiking and walking along the thousands of miles of maintained trails are a favorite activity for all ages and abilities.
National Park Week Schedule
- April 15-16 – Free Admission Weekend for the 117 parks that normally charge a fee – the other parks are fee-free all year.
- April 15 – Junior Ranger Day – Kids big and small can have a blast learning about the park and its residents while earning a Junior Ranger badge.
- April 22-23 – Free Admission Weekend for the 117 parks that normally charge a fee – the other parks are fee-free all year.
- April 22 – Earth Day just happens to coincide with this weeklong celebration. Be a part of it and join in conservation programs and celebrate our natural world.
- April 23 – Park Rx Day is celebrating its 2nd anniversary as the idea of parks being a gateway to good health is explored and encouraged.
Our National Park System offers a lot of programs and fun activities for the entire family. The annual National Park Week is just one of the many great offerings to be had. Be sure to check out their calendar or that of your favorite park to find more events coming up. Whether it is watching wildlife or just relaxing in the fresh air, you won’t be disappointed.
National Park Week isn’t the only time the parks offer free admission days. Many events such as National Public Lands Day are included.
In the case of The Hubby vs.THE CHICKENS, the defense offers this photographic evidence and then the defense rests:
We had a fun time out at the ranch today. After having a lively breakfast, horseback riding was the scheduled event. The star of course was Rowan!
Our favorite little nephew dude dragged his parents and his Grandma up to visit Aunty Julie, Uncle Mike and Papa Bill. He was sporting his brand new cowboy boots and told them he just had to go on the long drive to see us. We weren’t fooled though, he really came to see the horses, the chickens and Adolph the dog! We’re all aware of our place in line 🙂 I think the tractor we call “Greenie” has also moved ahead of us..
It was a fun way to spend a sunny morning with loved ones who don’t live close enough to see as much as we’d like. We’re already looking forward to Ro’s next foray into cowboying. Look out Hailey!